Does this require 3rd party dependency?

May 17, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Like Silverlight 4 toolkit?  Because when running example this line is getting an error:

<my:PopupMenuItem Header="SubMenuHeader1" ImageSourceForRightMargin="images/arrow.png">
Error 1 The property 'ImageSourceForRightMargin' was not found in type 'PopupMenuItem'.

Also I get "Cannot resolve symbol 'Header'

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM

It actually requires the Silverlight Control Toolkit but thats about all. Here's the list of dependencies:

System.dll
System.Core.dll
System.Windows.dll
System.Windows.Controls.dll
System.Net.dll
System.Windows.Controls.Toolkit.dll

However ImageSourceForRightMargin should have been ImageRightSource...sorry about that!

I've updated the code on the homepage but do let me know if you are still having issues with it.

Thanks.

May 18, 2011 at 2:19 PM

That fixed it.  Also another thing I've noticed is the demo doesn't have a solution file, which would make things easier.  However I created my own solution but demo project SL4PopupDemoMenu.csproj can't find:

Demo1.xaml

Demo2.xaml

PopupMenu.cs

PopupMenuItem.cs

\images\excel.png

\images\html.png

\images\word.png

I also assume SL4PopupDemoMenu.csproj is the http://www.pikatoo.com/SL4PopupMenu/Default.aspx#/Views/Demo2.xaml demo?

Also is a Pinnable Menu a classic menu?

Coordinator
May 20, 2011 at 11:45 PM
Edited May 20, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Thanks. I made sure I didn't omit any files in the last release.

Yes, you only have to set the IsPinned property to true to make it pinned.

In the demo you mentioned earlier however I'm using the IsAutoPinnable property instead. This lets you pin or unpin it by clicking on the parent element.